[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
capacityreports.com • View topic - LDAP not working after AIX TL6 update

LDAP not working after AIX TL6 update

Help with AIX installs, setup, patching and migrations.

LDAP not working after AIX TL6 update

Postby Steve » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:56 am

Hi,

Starting level: 6100-04-06-1034
New level: 6100-06-04-1112

The problem:
LPAD authentication with active directory using SSL encyption does not work. I got the following error:

# /usr/sbin/start-secldapclntd
Starting the secldapclntd daemon.
3001-710 SSL initialization failed. Check the SSL key path and key password
in the /etc/security/ldap/ldap.cfg file.
3001-710 SSL initialization failed. Check the SSL key path and key password
in the /etc/security/ldap/ldap.cfg file.
The secldapclntd daemon failed to start.

The fix.
The LDAP library file /opt/IBM/ldap/V6.1/lib/libibmldap.a is now a symbolic link to /opt/IBM/ldap/V6.1/lib/libibmldapn.a
The libibmldapn.a library file does not support SSL.

To fix this I restored just the original /opt/IBM/ldap/V6.1/lib/libibmldap.a file from the mksysb backup I took prior to the upgrade and LDAP is now working with SSL. The good file looks like this:

ls -l libibmldap.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root system 655644 Apr 08 10:48 libibmldap.a

Regards, Steve.
Steve

Return to AIX Installs and Migrations